CEREC Same-Day Crowns
A dental crown is a specially designed covering, or “cap,” that replicates your tooth’s exact size and structure. Crowns are used to cover a damaged tooth and restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance.
Same-day crowns serve the same purpose as traditional crowns, but they can be designed, created, and fitted in just a single appointment.
Harmony Dental Group is proud to use state-of-the-art Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) technology to repair and restore damaged and weakened teeth in the most efficient way possible.
What Are CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
The CEREC procedure uses computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to perform the entire dental crown process in one appointment.
When you visit Harmony Dental Group for a same-day crown appointment, here’s what to expect:
- Our team will use an intraoral scanner to take pictures of your teeth, creating a digital impression. No messy goop!
- The impression is sent to the CAD/CAM software machine in our office to design a digital tooth restoration
- The tooth restoration is sent to the CEREC milling machine that fabricates a new, custom crown from a block of medical-grade porcelain in less than 15 minutes
- Dr. Farid then polishes, prepares, and places the crown onto your tooth
The entire process is simple, quick, and efficient.
Are You a Candidate for CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
Dr. Farid may recommend a dental crown if you are experiencing any of the following issues:
- A cracked or chipped tooth
- Deep discolorations that don’t respond to whitening
- Misshapen or misaligned teeth
- Severely decayed or damaged teeth
- Uneven wear as a result of teeth grinding
As long as your original tooth structure can still support a restoration, a dental crown can repair damage and improve your smile.
Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Crowns
Thanks to advanced CEREC technology, Dr. Farid can help patients enjoy the following benefits with same-day crowns:
- Rapid Results: Your tooth can be fully restored in as little as one hour. There’s no need for temporary restorations or follow-up visits.
- Customization: Every CEREC crown is precisely customized to preserve your natural tooth structure.
- Lower Treatment Costs: Same-day crowns reduce the need for temporaries and multiple dental visits, saving both time and money.
- Natural Aesthetics: The porcelain used to create our same-day crowns mimics the natural appearance of enamel, right down to its sheen and translucency. Dr. Farid carefully selects the shade of porcelain that best matches your smile.
- Comfort and Precision: Digital technology provides accurate, predictable results and easy 3D imaging.
Overall, CEREC same-day dental crowns create beautiful and customized restorations that last decades.
Call Harmony Dental Group today to learn more about this conservative restoration treatment and take the first steps to a healthier, pain-free mouth.